It can be difficult to improve your credit score without having positive credit account information reporting to your credit files. Easy approval credit cards provide an important element in building new credit and improving credit scores. If your credit score is 500 or above, you may qualify for one of the below credit cards:
- Unlimited 1% back gas rewards
- No limit to the gas rewards you can earn
- Rewards post to your account automatically each month
- Get pre-qualified without affecting your credit score
- Automatic reviews for credit line increase opportunities
- Keep an eye on your credit information with free online monthly credit score tracking
- Choose your card design from our premium gallery
- Email or text alerts to remind you when your payment is due
Using New Credit Accounts to Increase Credit Scores
Many times consumers will experience an immediate bump in their credit scores just by adding a new credit account to their files. Another way to boost your credit score is to never use more credit than you have available.
A simple method of keeping your credit balance to 30% or less of the available credit limit will help increase your credit scores. The credit scoring model likes to see lots of available credit along with low credit account balances. It shows you manage credit well and are a low risk for default.
To get your scores really high try keeping your account balances to 10% or less of your available credit. Low utilization is the key to great credit scores along with on-time payments of course. The low utilization strategy to improve credit scores is really simple and works whether you have a $300 credit limit or a $3,000 credit limit.
Lastly, do not get a new credit card just to keep it in your pocket! Consumers sometimes mistakenly think not using credit cards will help their credit scores. The credit scoring formula needs to see how well you manage credit. Not using your new credit account will result in no activity and nothing for the scoring formula to calculate.