Down payment assistance in Alabama gives low-income to moderate-income families achieve homeownership. Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or an experienced homeowner, down payment assistance in Alabama may be available.
Programs offering down payment assistance in Alabama are designed to provide affordable housing opportunities to homebuyers who might not ordinarily be able to afford a house.
Each program can have their own income and eligibility requirements but primarily the programs are available for first-time homebuyers or low-income families.
These programs are not just for first-time home buyers. If you have not purchased property in the last 3 years, you can be considered a first-time homebuyer also and take part in down payment assistance in Alabama.
If you’re considering an FHA mortgage loan, down payment assistance in Alabama can work with FHA mortgage loans that require either a 3.5 percent down payment or 10 percent down payment.
Down payment assistance in Alabama
City of Birmingham Dept. of Community Development
|Decatur , Alabama|
City of Decatur Dept. of Community Development
Jefferson County Dept. of Community Development
|Huntsville , Alabama|
City of Huntsville Dept. of Community Development
|Mobile , Alabama|
Mobile Housing Board
|Mobile County Alabama|
|Prichard Housing Authority||(251) 452-8500|
|Montgomery , Alabama |
City of Montgomery Dept. of Community Development
|Balance of the State |
Alabama Housing Finance Authority
100 percent finance programs in Alabama
- United States Dept. of Agriculture Rural Development – (334) 279-3440
- Alabama Housing Finance Authority – (334) 244-9200
More Down Payment Assistance in Alabama
- Redstone Federal Credit Union helps first-time homebuyers with down payment and closing costs by matching your dollars. For every $1 you contribute to your home purchase, you can receive $4 in matching funds, up to $5,000.
- Housing Finance Authority – low interest loans and down-payment assistance to low and moderate-income homebuyers.
- Habitat for Humanity – Habitat affiliates bring homeownership to very low income families.
- USDA Rural Development – programs that reduce the cost of homeownership for low and moderate-income families.
Find a second chance bank in Alabama to re-establish a banking relationship