Banks that offer early direct deposit give customers access to their paycheck or other income up to 2 days early. Get your paycheck early.
When you get paid sooner, you can pay bills sooner and avoid the negative effects of late payments on your credit scores.
Banks that offer early direct deposit also give you a jump on your savings goals. Get paid sooner so you can start saving and earning interest sooner in a high-yield savings account.
5 Online Banks That Offer Early Direct Deposit
1. OneUnited Bank
OneUnited Bank is a full-service online bank available in ALL States with branch locations in California, Florida and Massachusetts. All checking accounts feature early direct deposit. OneUnited also offers a second chance checking account if you need a fresh start. Deposit cash using MoneyPak that can be purchased at 70,000+ retailers nationwide, including 7-Eleven, CVS, Dollar General, Rite Aid, and Walgreens.
To apply go to the blue “Get the Card” button and enter your name and email address then press the orange “apply now” button and follow these steps:
Step 1: Enter your cell phone number then press blue “click here to continue” button.
Step 2: Under the tab “BankBlack Debit Card” – Select BankBlack Checking and then enter the amount you want to deposit ($50 is required but you can deposit more).
Step 3: Select your card design, then choose if you want to authorize payments of overdrafts.
Step 4: Provide your address, date of birth, and SSN to verify your identity.
Step 5: Open your account and complete the initial deposit using a debit or credit card.
Checking Account Features
- Get paid up to 2 days early with direct deposit.
- No fee with a monthly direct deposit and 10 card purchase transactions*.
- Minimum opening deposit of $50.
- Free Bill Pay, Online & Mobile Banking.
- Obtain Cash, Surcharge Free at Over 30,000 ATMs Nationwide.
2. Chime Spending Account
The Chime Spending Account does not charge monthly or overdraft fees. Chime accounts come with a Visa debit card that has a large free ATM network. This account is very easy to open. It’s okay if you have ChexSystems or EWS records.
Chime Spending Account Features
- Get paid up to 2 days early with direct deposit plus earn a $50 bonus when you set up direct deposit.
- No hidden bank fees.
- No monthly maintenance fees.
- Grow your savings automatically.
- No overdraft or non-sufficient funds fee.
3. GTE Financial
GTE Financial has been serving Tampa Bay since 1935. As one of the nation’s largest credit unions membership is available online in all states. The easiest way to join is through the free CU Savers organization, a non-profit financial education club. GTE Financial is a full-service credit union offering members access to home, personal, business and auto loans.
GTE Financial Checking Account Features
- Get paid up to 1 day early with direct deposit for $3
- Open the Share Savings Account with as little as $5
- Open a Checking Account with as little as $0
- Online & Mobile Banking Tools.
- Free Bill Pay Service.
- Popmoney to transfer money to friend and family using their email address
To open an account go to: Join GTE: Lets Get Started
Step 1: Enter your name and zip code.
Step 2: Under the tab “What membership option best fits you?” – Select “I am joining CU Savers.” – This will allow you to join the credit union from ANY STATE, free of charge.
Step 3: Provide your contact, identification and employment info. Then, at the bottom of the page, provide referral code E599076ICB
Step 4: Put a check (☑️) inside the “Checking Account box” to open a checking account.
Step 5: Select features you want with your checking account for points. For example, if you choose:
- Early paycheck deposit = 500 points
- Courtesy pay on debit cards = 500 points
- Secure eStatements = 500 points
- Overdraft protection = 100 points
- Use the GTE Mobile App to Deposit a Check = 50 points
- Earn points at retailers = 5 points
Every 2500 points can be redemed for $25 cash. There are over 20 different offers that will earn you points.
4. Radius Bank
Radius Bank is a full-service online bank, with one branch in Boston. Radius Banks features ATM fee reimbursements, high interest rates and a rewards checking where you can earn 1% cash back on signature-based purchases in stores and online (at store checkouts, you select “credit” instead of “debit”). If your balance hits $2,500, a 0.15% annual percentage yield kicks in.
Radius Rewards Checking Account Features
- You can receive your paycheck up to two days early, depending on your employer.
- Earn unlimited 1.00% cash back on debit card purchases.
- Unlimited automatic ATM fee rebates.
- Earn up to 0.15% APY.
- No monthly maintenance fee.
- No minimum balance requirement after $100 to open.
Reasons Employees Like Banks That Offer Early Deposits
Most people love getting paid – whether you get paid weekly, bi-monthly or monthly. In fact, employees are happier on payday than on Christmas according to a 2018 survey commissioned by QuickBooks Payroll where employees said that payday makes them happier than Christmas morning.
Some reasons people are happier on paydays include:
- They get to make a dent in debt
- Payday means you can pay bills and have peace of mind
- Dine out with friends or family
- Make a purchase you’ve been waiting for
- Enjoy a night out
- Attend a sporting event
Stay on top of your bills with banks that offer early direct deposit
Getting paid earlier lets you pay bills on time and do more with your money. You can even boost your emergency savings account and get a head start on earning compound interest. Get a handle on your money with funds made available to you right away instead of the bank holding onto your money. Prevent overdraft fees for running out of money!
These five online banks are not the only banks that offer early direct deposit. There are many banks that feature early paycheck options. Some banks may have a small fee involved for the service. Check your local banks and credit unions if you prefer banks that have branch locations.